Login | Register

Advanced Search
Wellford House

Wellford House

All Titles

  • Wellford House

Dublin Core

Title

Wellford House

Description

Welford House, located on the corner of Caroline and Pitt Streets, was constructed in 1796 with a brick addition made in 1850. According to 1860 census data it was the home to the Welford Family and Mary Gouldman. The owner, Charles Wellford, 58, was listed as a "dry goods merchant."

Harrison, Noel G. Fredericksburg Civil War Sites: April 1861-November 1862. Lynchburg, VA: H.E. Howard, 1995.

Source

Lauren Milner

Date

2010

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Files

Citation

"Wellford House," in Fredericksburg: City of Hospitals, Item #53, http://projects.umwhistory.org/cwh/items/show/53 (accessed February 17, 2020).

Added by lauren