Mary Washington Glossary



Buildings on Campus


Current

 

Formerly known as

Monroe Hall

 

Originally named Russell Hall *

Marye House

 

Ridge Crest

Lee Hall

 

Anne Carter Lee (ACL)

Ball Hall

 

Mary Ball Hall

Custis Hall

 

Mary Custis Hall

GW

 

George Washington Hall

Cornell Hall

 

An apartment complex at the corner of Cornell Street and Kenmore Avenue that the school used between 1940 and 1959. Please note that there is also a Cornell House at the corner of Sunken Road and Cornell

Trinkle Hall

 

E. Lee Trinkle Library

Kalnen Inn (part of the Jepson Alumni Center)

 

Trench Hill

Campus Walk

 

Campus Drive

The Fountain

 

The area became Palmieri Plaza in 1998

Woodard Campus Center

 

Campus Center

Alvey Hall

 

North Hall

Arrington Hall

 

New Hall

UMW Stafford Campus
The College of Education and the College of Business

 

James Monroe Center for Graduate and Professional Studies
College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS)

Apartments at UMW

 

Marye's Heights Apartments

South Hall

 

New Hall







The University of Mary Washington was also known

Current

 

Formerly known as

University of Mary Washington

 

Mary Washington College
Mary Washington College of the University of Virginia
State Teacher's College at Fredericksburg
State Normal School for Women at Fredericksburg
State Normal and Industrial School for Women at Fredericksburg

 

 

 



Note: all items on site marked with an * link directly to our citation page